Sorry this comic is more depressing than funny.
TEXT OF COMIC:
OK, so apparently the movie Idiocracy posits a future where the world is overrun by idiots because less intelligent people reproduce more.
Hmm. Not sure that works. From all the studies I’ve read, intelligence is more nurture than nature.
Well, yeah, but it still gets passed down from parent to child, even if it is mostly through nurture.
But school plays at least some role in it. Like, it’s impossible to devise an intelligence test that isn’t affected by education, because education stimulates your thinking skills. I know I think better when I’ve been taking classes that keep my brain in practice.
I agree. And that’s the basis behind the ACTUAL way that our nation becomes a self-perpetuating idiocracy.
It works like this:
1. The education system is miserably underfunded.
2. People raised by this education system lack the critical thinking to elect competent politicians.
3. The government they elect will destroy the education system even more, because:
4. they may not be smart, but they know:
5. the more uneducated everyone is, the more they’ll keep getting elected.
For a few people, yes.
MOUSEOVER TEXT: The other difference is in the movie Idiocracy, people at least seemed to value intelligence and try to elect intelligent people.